Selecting the Right Audio and Video Equipment for Your Live Broadcast
Live broadcasts have become an essential tool for businesses to share their insights and expertise. To ensure a successful and engaging live broadcast, it's crucial to have the right audio and video equipment and follow best practices. This knowledge base article will guide you through selecting the best equipment and provide a step-by-step checklist to help you prepare for your enterprise SaaS live broadcast.
Checklist for a Successful Live Broadcast:
1. Ensure a strong internet connection
- A stable internet connection with at least 15mbps upload and download speed is necessary for a smooth live broadcast experience.
- Complete a speed test to verify your connection: https://marketscale.speedtestcustom.com/
- To maximize your bandwidth during the live broadcast, follow these steps:
- Use a hardwired Ethernet connection or a 5G Wi-Fi network.
- Disconnect from VPN.
- Disable streaming services (Netflix, Zoom, etc.).
- Close communication platforms (email, Teams, etc.) and high-bandwidth programs using Task Manager.
- Close all browser tabs (except the live broadcast room) and pause file uploads/downloads.
2. Choose a high-quality webcam
- Invest in a webcam with a minimum resolution of 1080p to ensure clear video quality.
- Recommended budget-friendly option: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam (https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-C922x-Pro-Stream-Webcam/dp/B01LXCDPPK/?th=1)
- For more advanced setups, consider cameras that can capture 4K resolution.
3. Opt for good audio equipment
- Clear audio is essential for an engaging live broadcast experience.
- Recommended budget-friendly option: Blue Yeti Microphone (https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/products/yeti/)
- For premium audio quality, consider:
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface (https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Audio-Interface-Tools/dp/B07QR73T66/)
- Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone (https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SM7B-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B0002E4Z8M/)
- AmazonBasics XLR Male to Female Microphone Cable (https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Male-Female-Microphone-Cable/dp/B01JNLTTKS/)
- Follow best remote recording practices
4. Ensure the live broadcast goes smoothly by adhering to these guidelines:
- Connect to the live broadcast platform using a computer (not a mobile device).
- Record in a quiet, carpeted room with the door shut.
- Use Google Chrome as your browser when accessing the live broadcast platform.
- Have headphones ready and plugged in.
- Maintain a clean and professional background.
By following the equipment recommendations and preparation checklist outlined in this article, you can ensure a successful and engaging live broadcast experience. Remember that a strong internet connection, high-quality video, clear audio, and adherence to best practices are all essential components for effective communication with your audience. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out to your support team.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article